Tosca Says...

"It is the food that we eat which is responsible for shaping such a vast array of body types. Yes, the food!" - Tosca Reno, Author of The Eat Clean Diet

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Formula For Health

Nutrition is far more responsible for what you see in the mirror than you think. For the person who hates to exercise (like me), this is great news! It means you can greatly change your appearance without getting up at 5am every day to work out. Yahoo!!!


According to The Eat-Clean Diet, Recharged! by Tosca Reno, the Body Beautiful/Body Healthy Formula is as follows:


10% Genetics + 10% Training + 80% Nutrition = Body Beautiful/Body Healthy!


Yep, you read that right. 80% Nutrition!


This was a HUGE eye-opener for me. It meant that by just changing the way I eat and the things I eat, I could change 80% of what I saw in the mirror. And, here's the good news. YOU CAN TOO! Realizing this, and making changes as a result, is the FIRST STEP in eating better...healthier...CLEANER!


Now, this doesn't mean you shouldn't get some sort of exercise a few times a week. Exercise plays a huge role in our overall health, and reduces your risk of disease and injury. Plus, muscles burn fat. So the more exercise you work into your life, the more muscles you create and the more fat you will get rid of! So get off the couch and do something! The key for me is making it fun. Family bike rides, power walks with a friend, or laps in a pool with my daughter cheering me on are definitely motivators for me. Plus, if I have a goal (like a triathlon I've already paid for!) I know I HAVE to do some training so I don't come in last or pass out trying. So find what works for you and get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment